Follow these links to the Catholic Education Office Strategic Plan for 2012 and the System Priorities.
The Catholic Education Office provides services in the following areas:
1. Spirituality - Pastoral Care
- provide resources and guidance for the effective teaching of Religious Education.
- provide opportunities for the faith development of CEO and School Staffs.
2. Education Information and Advice
- develop curricula consistent with Catholic values and Government regulations.
- inservice and assist teaching staff, parents and clergy in the implementation of the curricula.
- advise and help with educational 'problems' and queries.
- monitor and disseminate information on changes and developments in all relevant areas of education (techniques, subjects and resources).
3. Administrative Advice and Information
- develop, disseminate and implement appropriate policies, procedures and systems.
- monitor Government funding; advise and assist schools and parishes with grant applications.
- monitor and disseminate information on changes and developments in all relevant areas of educational administration.
4. Human Resources
- oversee the processes for appointment of School Principals and CEO staff;
- facilitate the provision of professional recruitment processes for school and CEO staff;
- provide support and induction programs for new staff;
- provide professional development opportunities for all staff;
- co-ordinate the employment relations processes of the CEO and the schools;
- oversee the Worker's Compensation and Worker Rehabilitation programs;
- coordinate the Child Protection Program;
- coordinate the implementation of OH&S policy;
- provide legal advice to schools;
- facilitate the licensing of School Age Care Services Programs;
- assist in the provision of communication and promotions;
- provide leadership of the School Review and Development Program;
- facilitate School Registration programs;
- assist in the development of School Boards and Parents and Friends Associations; and
- pay salaries, allowances and CEO expenses.
5. Financial Administration
- oversee the System budget;
- receive and account for Government grants and fees remitted by schools;
- ensure effective use of funds available;
- make necessary statutory returns;
- provide financial and budgeting advice to schools;
- ensure taxation compliance;
- school financial reviews and financial administration support;
- school administration system support.
6. Information Services
- manage, maintain and administer the Catholic Education Office's ICT infrastructure including:
- the CEO Local Area Network
- the CEO Wide Area Network
- Local Area Networks within Schools;
- manage and maintain the CEO's ICT based Administrative systems including:
- web based systems and the CEO web sites;
- provide managed internet services for schools
7. Planning and Facilities
- plan and develop new schools in consultation with local school authorities;
- plan and develop extensions/refurbishments to existing schools in consultation with
- local school authorities;
- assist in the maintenance of existing schools;
- school census and enrolments
- co-ordinate as required the purchase of equipment needed within the system.
- offer advice on suppliers, prices and specifications.
- advise Government, Archdiocesan Catholic Education Commission, other CEOs and other interested parties on the performance of the Archdiocesan Catholic Education system.
- co-ordinate the public relations of education within the Archdiocese.
10. Quality Control
11. Advice and reporting to the Catholic Education Commission
- the Catholic Education Office assists the Secretariat for the Commission and the Commission by providing policy advice, the necessary background information, discussion papers and meeting documentation and by undertaking the action required by the Commission.
- provide the administrative, financial and consultative services necessary to implement the policy decisions of the Catholic Education Commission and report regularly to the Commission on the progress of policy implementation.